The German Development Cooperation through GIZ is looking for a short-term expert to support the Ministry of Infrastructure and Regional Development (MIRD) in developing the legal framework for the new National Agency on Constructions, within its “Strong Businesses and Communities for Moldova” project.
The selected expert will conduct all the activities in accordance with the provisions of the Terms of Reference (ToR).
For the Terms of Reference (ToR) and eventual questions, please address a message to the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the tender number in the message title, not later than June 03, 2022; time 15:00.
The objective of this assignment is to provide support to the MIRD in developing the legal framework for the National Agency on Constructions and supportive documentation according to the Action no. 7.2.1 from the Government Action Plan for years 2021-2022 (GD no.235/2021) and based on the provisions of the Law no.246/2017 on state enterprise and municipal enterprise.
To achieve the objective, the short-term expert shall perform the following tasks:
- Preparation of supportive documentation (Impact analysis, Reorganization Plan);
- Preparation of legal framework (amendments to Laws; Draft GD on approving the Regulation on creation, organization and operating of the National Agency on Constructions; amendments to other legal documents);
- Preparation of Informative Notes for legal drafts;
- Discussion of the drafts in working meetings with MIRD and their presentation to stakeholders.
This assignment will require a specialized short-term expert with:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in law, economy, engineering in constructions or another related field;
- Up to 10 years of general work experience as lawyer, related to regulatory aspects;
- Excellent knowledge of the legal framework in the public administration, constructions fields;
- Proven experience in elaboration of legal acts, policy papers, supportive documentation etc.
- Experience in collaboration with the Government institutions;
- Extended knowledge of the main stakeholders in the constructions field;
- Experience in the development assistance or related work for a donor / implementing organization;
- Ability to effectively communicate with national institutions, stakeholders and beneficiaries;
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and presentation skills;
- Fluency in Romanian is required.
The successful bids shall include:
- CV and cover letter, explaining the motivation for for the assignment;
- financial offer, including gross daily rate in MDL and the total amount for up to 88 workdays of assignment, for the period June – December 2022.
Bid’s evaluation will be performed based on the ratio 70% for the technical aspect (CV and cover letter) and 30% for the financial offer.
Shortlisted candidates might be asked for an interview and additional information.
Successful offerors will be further asked for additional documentation such as copy of ID, bank data and other, as it might be required for the contracting.
The successful finalist will be issued a short-term consulting contract with the possibility of further extension or follow-on contract conclusion.
All personal data are for the internal use of GIZ; confidentiality guaranteed.
Applicants shall be residents of the Republic of Moldova.
Applications shall be delivered in sealed envelopes (physical form), showing the tender number (83409165) and subject on it, to the address of GIZ Office Chisinau (73/1 Stefan cel Mare si Sfant Boulevard, NBC building; 9th floor, Chișinău) not later than June 7, 2022, time 17:00.
Please note that applications received after the deadline, as well as incomplete applications will not be considered. Financial offers containing other currency than Moldovan Lei, will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise or cancel this tender.